Monday, August 17, 2009

Toombs and Appling County

Wow! I know it has been forever and a day since I posted. I will try to do better. Life gets a little crazy sometimes. This past weekend Hubby and I hopped in my truck and rode up to Toombs county. Why Toombs county you may ask...well first of all it is my husbands birth place and second of all why not. Well actually the Altamaha River runs through both counties and is full of beautiful farm country and I was looking for a place to take some photos. I was beginning to think I had forgotten how to use my camera. We headed to Grays Landing which is right next to Benton Lee's Steakhouse. The food smelled delicious. I was really surprised at how low the water was, needless to say there weren't too many boats being launched, here are a few pics.

Then I found a boat ramp off US 1 under the Lanes Bridge I believe it is called bordering Appling and Toombs County also crossing the Altamaha River, but here I found a few other surprises. Lots of Butterflies many Viceroys, Question Marks, Common Buckeyes ans Sulphurs. Here are few more pics.

While walking the road I also happened across this guy and he was nice enough to pose for me. A black snake.

Unfortunately we couldn't stay here long the HEAVY rains were quickly approaching. It just proves that every place has something to offer and we should always take notice to the Beauty that Surrounds Us.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Great to have you back. It is so much fun seeing where you explore. Toombs County looks like it would fun for a ramble.