Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Nice Little Day Trip.....Trying To Upright My World

  It's been a long time and  don't want to explain...'cause it will make me cry.  If you want to know why or where I have been, you can check out my Blog: No Frills Debbie....Just My Life at http://nofrillsdebbie.blogspot.com/.
Today I traveled a familiar route but with different results.  I was alone and the rivers are flooding, which makes for some good photo opportunities.  I say I was alone, but not really, I had my puppy Gracie with me and I had Don in my memories.  I would like to share with you what we saw and did today!
 
So here is my riding partner for the day.  My youngest fur baby, Gracie the Spoiled Little Poodle!  She really is a good girl.
So this was the first dirt road we encountered this morning on the way to the Zirkle Dam.  I have written about Zirkle before, if you need backgrounds info just check out my previous posts.  Today the water should be high and give us a little something different, not to mention it is just a beautiful and quiet place.  A Special Place.
Well, I am on my own today, so I don't think we will travel these mud puddles that look like they could swallow my truck.... on foot we shall go!
These are the remnants of the steel dam.  Usually you can see at least part of the dam all the way across the Little Satilla River, not today.  But it is so quiet except for the sound of the rushing water, birds singing and squirrels chattering.
 I was looking at the moss on the tree and I was surprised at how intricate and beautiful it is when viewed up close.  And then I found some interesting Fungi on a fallen tree branch and it looks so much like the shells and clusters you can find on the beach.  Nature is so simple, yet so beautiful.
 
Then on the way to Lumber City, I drove passed this little building, I don't know why but it caught my eye.  I pulled another U-turn and went back.  I don't know if it was the contrast of the colorful and patriotic American Flag and the sun washed wood...either way I like it!

As I was approaching the bridge, I saw the freight train crossing and was really surprised, I didn't think they used this bridge anymore.  I pulled the truck over and jumped out to try a get a good shot, but I missed the engine and this is all I could manage.  I cannot believe how high the water is.  I never knew the Ocmulgee River was that wide.  Last time I was here, you could just about wade across the river.  It seems so weird, I usually park next to the trees on the boat ramp....Not today!
We also saw so Georgia Snow....A cotton field!  Now that is my kind of snow

 Gracie and I continued onto McRae so I could get a pic of the windmill and old house.  Which looks bad, but it looks a lot better than it did the last time I saw it.  I think someone bought it and is cleaning the area up.
Then of course I had to stop in Gardi to once again photograph the Old Altamaha Apiary.  This is another I don't know why...but I like this old building.  And by the looks of the cracks in the walls it may not be around too much longer.

 Once again, I apologize for having a long lapse in posts.  My whole world has been flipped upside down.  It is going to take me some time to get back in the groove.  But I will get there.  Until then, remember to take the time to notice the Beauty That Surrounds Us.
 

 

No comments: