Monday, August 4, 2008

Hello

Hi ya'll! I'm Debbie, and I'm new to this. Just wanted to give some background about me. I live in Coastal Georgia and spend much of my time on Jekyll Island and the surrounding areas. Local parks, wildlife management areas, Kings Bay Navy Base, wildlife refuges and pretty much any dirt road my old Chevy Pick Up Truck can make it down. It doesn't always make it back out without assistance. Thank you to all those that have helped me in my time of need.
Anyway I hope to share with you some of the sights I see while out on my morning rides and walks. I want to share some of the places I go to, in hopes that you will go there too and appreciate all this area has to offer.

This area becomes addictive, there was a time when I didn't take the time to notice the Beauty that Surrounds Us. I was always in a hurry. Never slowing down and looking across the Marsh or even glancing at the top of the telephone poles as I went by. You might be surprised by what you can see on top of the poles such as Red Tailed Hawks, Ospreys and Bald Eagles just to name a few. Now I only live 10 minutes from the Jekyll Island Causeway, but I have seen days when it can take me and hour just to get to the Causeway and sometimes another hour to get down the four mile stretch of road to the Island. There really is soooo much to see.

I will also post the local Festivals and Shows I will be attending and I hope to meet lots of great people and get a chance to talk to many of you.

No comments: