Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Love Ospreys

Well, life has been hectic that last few weeks and I am sad to say I have not had time to check out my usual haunts nor I have had time to take any new photographs. Which actually I find a bit depressing. Migration is starting and my to do list is a mile long.

One of the many things I will be doing is setting up my Wildlife Personalities and Scenery Booth at the Jekyll Island Shrimp and Grits Festival this weekend. The Festival runs from Friday September 19th thru Sunday the 21st. I can't really tell you much more about the festival other that I am in booth 11. I have never set up here before, but I sure am looking forward to it.
Well, I have decided to share with you some of my favorite pictures of my favorite bird, which is the Osprey. These particular photos were taken on Jekyll Island. I follow this Osprey nest along with others in Camden and McIntosh Counties every year. But this family is by far my favorite. I keep track from the time she starts to build her nest until the young are flying.
The above photos were taken last year. Left to Right. Two baby Ospreys, see the one peeking, Mother Osprey and her two babies, Mom is the one in the middle with the yellow eyes, babies and young adult have orange eyes. The last one looks like he is dreaming of when he will be able to fly....or he could be praying that I would just go away. haha
Above are a couple shots of Mom and Dad in flight and bringing in breakfast. They are beautiful graceful birds. They can be spotted quite frequently around the Coastal Community....they only eat fish.
Below are a few random shots of young Ospreys shortly after leaving the nest.
Well I hope you have enjoyed these photos. If you would like to see more of the Ospreys and/or more of my photos, please check out my new website: http://wildlifepersonalities.shutterbugstorefront.com. Let me know what you think. I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks again and have a great day and remember to appreciate the Beauty that Surround Us.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Very nice photos! We love Ospreys too.

Sparky ♥ ∞