Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Friend has moved on to a better place

Today I had to say a final farewell to a very Special Person and a Dear Friend. My friend Jimmy was a wonderful person who battled with cancer for several years now. He had many small victories, I believe it finally wore him down and he lost the war. I hadn't spoke to my friend recently and was unaware he had taken a turn for the worse. I heard in passing conversation that he was going through a rough time. I tried to call my friend that afternoon and evening, but to avail.....So I left a few upbeat messages and promised to call back the next day.

The next day, I found out my friend had moved on to a better place. I know this sounds cliche', but DO NOT put off talking to or visiting people who are important to you. No matter how busy, how rushed or stressed...it doesn't take long, it doesn't cost anything you can't afford....stop and call or visit. I'm sure it will make them smile and you will better for it also. Don't wait until it is too late.

Friend are a precious gift given to us, they are part of the Beauty that Surrounds Us and often we don't realize it until they too are gone.

I know my Friend is in a better place. Finally eating and fishing again.

I Love You and Miss You Jimmy. I will keep you, your wife and family in my prayers.


1 comment:

Sparky said...

We enjoyed the bird photos! They're very nicely done. Isn't digital photography wonderful. :o) That's an especially good photo of the Osprey. I have yet to capture a good pic of one that close. They're usually in flight or too far away for a good pose. I liked the King Fishers too. We got to see the Green King Fisher in Texas. VERY lovely!

I'm sorry to hear you lost a friend to cancer. You have my heart felf condolences. I've lost a friend like that too to ovarian cancer in 2005. I miss her often.

Enjoyed the blog! Keep adding photos. Georgia is so beautful. We love living here too. Visit my Blog when you get a chance and leave a comment so I'll always have a link to your 'place'. Thanks!

Sparky ♥ ∞ (Patterson, GA)