Monday, June 8, 2015

Happiness is watching the Sunrise

I'm going to take a little break from the birds for today.  I apologize for not posting anything this weekend, but I had to work some overtime at my real job.  We work 12 hour shifts which means I start at 4 am and finish at 430 pm; not to mention my 35 mile drive to and from.  Anybody who knows me, knows I love the weekends and heading out early to catch the sunrise and watch the world wake up.  I love to explore our beautiful Georgia Coast and capture all its natural beauty with my camera.  So getting up earlier is really not a problem for me.  I'm up at 4 am everyday.  My regular workday starts at 7 am, So I can usually find a few minutes every morning to drive down by the river, or stop by one of the lakes at work and sit, relax, listen to the birds start chirping and watch the sunrise.  It is my favorite part of the day.

Titled "Inner Peace"    On Jekyll Island, one of my most favorite places.
What I would like to do today is share some of my favorite sunrises that I have captured.  The one thing that bothered me most about working this weekend was not being able to stop and watch the sunrise.  It can take me from a not so nice mood to Happy in just a few moments.
  So for all those people who say I'm crazy for heading out so early on my days off, that I should sleep in and get some rest; I want to show you what amazing scenery you are missing out on while you use your time off to sleep.  Life is too short to miss out on this time of the morning and all the wonderful sights.  I feel my life is made better by each and everyone of these sunrises.

Titled "Marsh Sunrise"  At Etowah Park on Kings Bay Naval Base

The "Marsh Sunrise", just think what I would have missed out on if I had gone to that Sexual Harassment training,  I personally think my choice was much better and if any of you have ever been to this training; you would agree with me!  Beside I know how to harass the pople I work with, you can ask any one of them.
Titled "Daybreak at the pier"  St. Simons Island
Any if you that have ever spent much time down by the pier on St. Simons Island you know that during the day, after day break, you can't possibly take a picture of the pier without having all kinds of peeps in your photos.  What did you want to remember about the Island; the beautiful pier or all the people? My point exactly!!
Titled "Radiance" at Homer Wilson Way in Brunswick
And last but not least I leave you with this inspirational moment I caught at Homer Wilson Way in downtown Brunswick.  Need I say anymore??  Get up and treat yourself to a quiet moment and watch the world wake up!

No comments: